Maximum useful number of partitions in a table

From: s anwar <sanwar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Maximum useful number of partitions in a table
Date: 2006-01-23 23:03:30
Lists: pgsql-novice
Some time ago I came across an archive item on the number of partitions per
table. I tried to fish for it again but could not find it. I was wondering
if somebody could elaborate on the maximum number of partitions that one can
create in a table without getting a big hit on update performance. Note that
the update will most likely span about 2/3 of the partitions in the table.

Thanks.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Luis SilvaDate: 2006-01-24 17:51:37