Re: Postgresql 7.1.2 and StarOffice 5.2

From: "Arnaud ESPANEL" <arnaud(dot)espanel(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: <olivier(dot)berger(at)idealx(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.1.2 and StarOffice 5.2
Date: 2001-08-16 09:48:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-odbc

> Arnaud ESPANEL wrote:
> >
> > > but the list of tables is empty !
> > > I have exactly the same problem with odbc (using
> > > Debian unixodbc).
> >
> > I forgot to tell that i have managed to access my Postgresql
> > database from MS Access using ODBC...
> >

> You mean that it works perfectly with MS Access and not with StarOffice
> 5.2 ?

Well, i just wanted to say i managed to get the list of tables using
Acess/ODBC, but i have not really tested read access and requests to tables.
I only used it to export Access tables to Postgres via ODBC (i can say
that it approximatively worked, but i didn't check tables in details).

> Under StarOffice, do you see the list of tables in the database
> "data-source" properties (last tab) ?

That's my problem : i can't see any table in this tab, so even if
i can go further, i can't do anything with it....
I have a similar problem with the unixodbctool DataManager :
it can connect to the DB, but it can't retreive the liste of table, but
it manage to query the DB !

I just need to acces tables in read only (for mailing using pgsql database).

> Are the names of your tables rather strange (special characters, ...) ?
No, the name of the table have no special caracter (only standard ASCII,
no spaces, ...)

Regards,

Arnaud.