Re: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: Michael Avila <mavila(at)mich(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-24 17:26:11
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Jul 24, 2005, at 1:16 PM, John DeSoi wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Michael Avila wrote:
>
> > If anyone has any info about how to convert MySQL to PostgreSQL
> > PLEASE let
> > me know!
> >

> I have not tried it, but there is such a utility here:
>
> http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/

I have tried it, and it does about 99% of the job.  There are a few
things that are MySQL version-dependent (added in later mysql versions)
that sqlfairy doesn't deal with appropriately, but those can usually be
dealt with by a simple find/replace in the word processor or a
perl/awk/sed script.  If you are a perl user, sqlfairy is also called
SQL::Translator on cpan.

As an alternative, look in the postgresql distribution in
/contrib/mysql.  There are two scripts for doing the conversion there.

Hope this helps.
Sean