Where to get more info. about the optimizer?

From: "Dhruv Matani" <dhruvbird(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where to get more info. about the optimizer?
Date: 2006-05-17 17:35:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,
  I have downloaded the PgSql sources, and saw the README file in the
optimizer directory of the sources. Is there any other resource(s) for
getting more info. on this?
More specifically, I'm interested in knowing if the optimizer uses the
Referential Integrity constraints while performing optimizations. I mean
things such as the FOREIGN key, CHECK constraints, etc....

--
   -Dhruv Matani.
http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/

"The biggest room is the room for improvement."
     -- Navjot Singh Siddhu.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: A. KretschmerDate: 2006-05-18 05:56:47