Re: Sequential scan being used despite indexes

From: James Russell <internationalhobo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sequential scan being used despite indexes
Date: 2006-02-01 04:33:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

[Sorry, my last reply didn't go to the list]

Reading about this issue further in the FAQ, it seems that I should ensure
that Postgres has adequate and accurate information about the tables in
question by regularly running VACUUM ANALYZE, something I don't do
currently.

I disabled SeqScan as per the FAQ, and it indeed was a lot slower so
Postgres was making the right choice in this case.

Many thanks,

James