Re: checkpoint_timeout

From: "Rafael Domiciano" <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: chirag(dot)dave(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: checkpoint_timeout
Date: 2008-10-08 12:31:08
Lists: pgsql-admin
The server is running Postgres 8.2.4When the server is doing too much
operations like I, U or D the postgres stop a while each 5 min...!
I mean "stopping" that I don't receive any response from postgres, and the
process the all people are running stay there, waiting for something.
I read a several names to it like: gap, stall, slowdown... I don't know the
write expression for this situation.

I hope you can help me.

Thnks,

Rafael Domiciano