Re: What process clears the logs?

From: "Rafael Domiciano" <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Steve Crawford" <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: "Carol Walter" <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What process clears the logs?
Date: 2008-10-01 01:15:37
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello Carol,
Maybe I'm thinking wrong, but I have a problem like yours; and I realize
that the vacuum Freeze that does that work.
I have read that somewhere in the net, that I don't remember now.

To prevent that I created a proccess that run every night, that vacuums the
database, and started the vacuum daemon.
All machines I had problems are Slony-slaves.

Best Regards,

Rafael Domiciano
Postgres DBA