Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
Cc: saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, richard(dot)vandenberg(at)trust-factory(dot)com,pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3
Date: 2004-01-08 12:15:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr wrote:

>Dear Richard, Hiroshi,
>
>it seems that richard is using woody ( the debian stable release ). As I'm linking dynamically debian packages to postgre, I used the debian official postgresql package to build pgA3.
>
>I saw the thread between Jean Michel Pouré and Andreas Pflug last  month concerning libpq issue (concluding to the necessity of a static linking of libpq) but did not get time to modify my packages.
>
>to pgadmin-hackers:
>Is it *really* a pre-req to use libpq >=7.3 ?

Well, we had quite some problems discovered in libs, so I'd prefer to
have static 7.4.1 libpq linked to pgAdmin3 for binary distributions.
Older libpqs might work, still it's kind of strange to use a 7.2.1 libpq
for a tool that doesn't understand less than 7.3.

>If yes, this a pure packaging issue we have here... I think I'll have to produce different packages for woody and for testing/unstable.
>I would like to continue dynamic linking for testing and unstable as it's debian way to do the things.
>
>Can others (on other distros) try to reproduce the bug signaled here ?

This crashes under gtk, but not under win32 for CVS head. I'll have a
look at it later.

Regards,
Andreas