Need improved support for connection timeouts

From: Michael Serdar <mikes(at)eisolution(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need improved support for connection timeouts
Date: 2004-01-05 20:46:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

When I use pgadmin to connect remotely to a server that automatically
logs you out after a certain idle period, it becomes very difficult to
get any work done. Specifically, pgadmin hangs the next time you
request a view or enter a query, and then you have to right-click the
server's name and disconnect then reconnect. When you right-click to
disconnect, it again attempts to connect to the server and times out and
tells you about it. Only then you can finally do the disconnect and
reconnect and by then you've already forgotten what you were trying to do.

I think that this issue NEEDS to be fixed, and should be made one of the
top-priority issues on the todo list at
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/development.php