Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Date: 2003-12-22 17:31:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
>I'd rather pay the high fees and actually have access to the money ...
>Paypal I'm 110% *against* ... they have had *way* too many problems.  In
>fact, there was a time when we ourselves setup the whole paypal account
>and were looking at moving to it, until our clients started telling us
>they wouldn't use it.  We, as a business, have had something like 25 "new
>clients" sign up in the past month that its turning out are cards stolen
>from clients who made purchases through paypal in the recent past ...

All due respect but that is just bad mojo in general. We have had zero
problems
with paypal. We also don't use them as our primary payment. We use a real
merchant account and checking account for that.

However paypal is good for a lot of things. Namely you want to provide the
most ways to get paid (perfect for donations). It has also greatly increased
its security and viability sense that really big billion dollar company
call E-bay
bought it.

>We (ie. Hub) just went through re-evaluating our online credit card
>services, and are currently in the middle of moving our accounts to a
>company called PaySystems (http://www.paysystems.com) that we've found to

We use Echo, which also accepts electronic check but remember we are talking
about donations here, not a for profit accepting credit cards.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake