Re: is it possible to get the optimizer to use indexes

From: Erki Kaldjärv <erki(at)webware(dot)ee>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is it possible to get the optimizer to use indexes
Date: 2003-12-19 16:00:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

i got indexes to work with "text_pattern_ops" for locale et_EE.

So instead of:
create index some_index_name on some_table(some_text_field);

nor

create index some_index_name on some_table(some_text_field text_ops);

try to create index as follows:
create index some_index_name on some_table(some_text_field
text_pattern_ops);

Note that text_pattern_ops is available pg >= 7.4.

Regards,

Erki Kaldjärv
Webware OÜ
www.webware.ee