Re: Hardware suggestions for Linux/PGSQL server

From: "Andrew G(dot) Hammond" <drew(at)xyzzy(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Jeff Bohmer <bohmer(at)visionlink(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hardware suggestions for Linux/PGSQL server
Date: 2003-12-15 04:17:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

I don't know what your budget is, but there are now 10k RPM SATA 150
drives on the market. Their price/performance is impressive. You may
want to consider going with a bunch of these instead of SCSI disks (more
spindles vs. faster spindles). 3ware makes a hardware raid card that can
drive up to 12 SATA disks. I have been told by a few people who have
used it that the linux driver is very solid.

Drew