Re: Error compiling PostgreSQL 7.4 for Fedora Core 1

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jonathan Gardner <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error compiling PostgreSQL 7.4 for Fedora Core 1
Date: 2003-12-09 07:08:07
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> We could fall back in that direction if we had to. But I'd like to
> understand why we have to, first. Gen_fmgrtab.sh has worked on all our
> supported platforms for a long time, and I'm disinclined to assume that
> it's suddenly broken ... especially on what's presumably a modern
> platform. I'm having a real problem with the idea that Fedora
> incorporates a broken awk or sed.

I was able to rebuild from source rpm on a Fedora machine without any
problem, so I don't think it's a case of wholesale breakage. It's not my
normal development machine, but I'll try compiling from source [...tries...]
Yup, I got a clean build from source with the following configure line:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-7.4 \
--with-pgport=55434 \
--with-perl \
--with-tcl \
--with-tclconfig=/usr/lib \
--without-tk \
--with-python \
--enable-nls \
--enable-debug \
--enable-cassert \
--enable-depend \
--with-openssl \
--with-pam \
--enable-integer-datetimes \
--with-krb5=/usr/kerberos \
--with-includes=/usr/include/et/

The only adjustment from my RH9 box was the last line. Without it
com_err.h wasn't being found.

Joe