Re: PostgreSQL in a NT-Environment

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: rblack(at)iarchives(dot)com ("Russell Black"), TTOST(at)de(dot)ibm(dot)com ("Tobias Tost1")
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org ("Pgsql-Cygwin")
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in a NT-Environment
Date: 2001-09-05 07:50:12
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
"Russell Black" <rblack(at)iarchives(dot)com> wrote:

>> Except the PgAdmin already mentioned, there also remains the pgaccess, a
>MSAccess like frontend to the database, written in Tk/Tcl, which is part of
>the main distribution.
>> SLao
>By "main distribution" do you mean the standard cygwin install?  I just ran

No, I mean the standard source distribution.
Actually there still is a problem with cygwin tcl/tk, which _don't_ compile for cygwin target without heavy tweaking. So the tcl/tk distribution for cygwin is in fact a mingwin distribution. Thus, usual applications that would compile with a tcl or tk dll, can't correctly detect it's presence on a cygwin platform, so autoconf doesn't do its job OTF. But in this case there is a remedy.
After specifying --with-tcl and --with-tclconfig=/lib to configure, the dllwrap line that fails for interfaces/libpgtcl must be manually run with " -ltcl80 -L/lib" options added, and the pgtcl.dll shows up. There are also 2 errors about Tcl_CreateFileHandler and Tcl_DeleteFileHandler functions, in pgtclId.c, which I usually comment out.

>the cygwin setup.exe last week, but I don't appear to have a pgaccess
>executable: see below
>bash: pgaccess: command not found
>/cygdrive/c/cygwin>find . -name '*pgaccess*'

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop(at)Netscape!

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: haering_pythonDate: 2001-09-05 10:59:30