> I believe this is part 3. Anway, here are my lastest tinkerings using
> the Query Tool(not the Visual Query Builder) on Mandrake 9.1.
> Using the Query Tool in the 20031203 snapshot rpm for Mandrake 9.1 I
> still get a crash of the entire application when using the Query Tool
> on a connection to an SSL enabled Postgresql server. I've tried this
> using the wxGTK2ud packages from 20030831 and the wxGTK2ud packages
> from 20031010(the .7 packages).
> However, I can get the Query Tool to work just fine on an SSL
> connection if I build from the src snapshot from 20031203 !! I do the
> build of pgadmin3 with the wxGTK2ud 20031010(.7) packages. I have a
> home build of PostgreSQL 7.4 installed. It was compiled with the
> --with-openssl option. I built pgadmin3 with this command:
> ./configure --enable-debug --enable-static
> --with-wx-config=wxgtk2ud-2.5-config(Straight from the pgadmin.org
> website. I can read! ). So I'm not sure what that indicates about
> the problem but that is the latest on my Query Tool / SSL endeavors.
I'm wondering if you're using libpq 7.3 for packaging. This should work,
but IMHO we should use the latest versions for all libraries. Maybe
Timothy and you got this worked out finally.
> Pgadmin3 is a great tool. Thanks for all the work you've put in on this.
We like it! Your appreciation is the fuel we're running on.
In response to
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Jean-Michel POURE||Date: 2003-12-03 15:03:50|
|Subject: Re: SSL and Query tool crashing continued|
|Previous:||From: Ivan Luzzi||Date: 2003-12-03 14:22:01|
|Subject: R: porting for redhat 8.0|