problems creating a column

From: Miguel González Castaños <mgc(at)tid(dot)es>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems creating a column
Date: 2003-12-01 13:03:30
Lists: pgadmin-support
dear all,

 I have been trying to create a test database with some columns to show
a colleague how pgadmin works. After creating, deleting some columns, we
tried to create a column of the serial data type. Then the system
complained with the following message:

 "Adding columns with defaults is not implemented, Add the column, then
use Alter Table SET DEFAULT"

 After playing around a little bit with the pgadmin tool I noticed that
sometimes some refresh is needed to perform the changes...Maybe this
error message is because I did not issued the changes doing a refresh?

 By the way, this error messages cannot be translated?

 Thanks in advance

 Miguel

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Michiel LangeDate: 2003-12-01 14:14:53