pgAdmin standard short description

From: "Andrej Surkov" <surae(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin standard short description
Date: 2003-11-30 09:10:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear Jean-Michel!

Your proposal description is very good but one point: not everybody knows what is PostgreSQL. If we add "wellknown PostgreSQL database server" our description become more complete and self-contained. Corrected standard description text then will be:

"<a href='http://www.pgadmin.org'>pgAdmin</a> is a free
software offering a complete set of administration and
development tools for wellknown PostgreSQL database server.
The software offers a very
intuitive graphical interface running under multiple
platforms including MS Windows, GNU/Linux and FreeBSD.
pgAdmin Project is a collaborative project including hundreds
of volunteers."

Another note - "PostgreSQL database server, which is free also." - maybe useful too, but is not critical.
I think that we have to put the description on the main page of pgadmin.org. It will never bother a hacker or advanced user but will be very helpful to newbies visiting pgAdmin website. We can add another subsection to main page, say "What is pgAdmin?" or "About pgAdmin", between "Latest news" and "Features" subsections.
What will you say about it?

cheers, Andrej