Re: solaris port

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: solaris port
Date: 2003-11-27 22:00:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Raphaël Enrici wrote:
>
>> -pthreads -D_REENTRANT -Wall src/common/intl.cpp
>> In file included from src/common/intl.cpp:49: include/wx/intl.h:40:
>> warning: `_N' redefined
>> /usr/include/iso/ctype_iso.h:38: warning: this is the location of the
>> previous definition
>
> > src/common/intl.cpp: In method `bool
> wxPluralFormsScanner::nextToken()':
>
>> src/common/intl.cpp:241: `_N' undeclared (first use this function)
>> src/common/intl.cpp:241: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
>> once
>> src/common/intl.cpp:241: for each function it appears in.)
>

> This doesn't talk to me, it's not caused by our fixes.
> _N is one of the gettext macros, and there seems to be some conflict
> between wx (intl.h) and system (ctype_iso.h).

Ok,
I found this in docs/gtk/install.txt

--enable-permissive Enable compilation without checking for strict
ANSI conformance. Useful to prevent the build
dying with errors as soon as you compile with
Solaris' ANSI-defying headers.

Maybe it's the way to follow...

also found this:

- Solaris compilation with gcc: if the compiler has problems with the variable
argument functions, try putting the gcc fixinclude file paths early in the
include path.

> I'd recommend you use the official wx cvs HEAD to get it compiled. If
> problems persist, you (maybe) get some support on wx-hackers, or we'll
> find out ourselves how to solve it. In the second case, we certainly
> should post the fix to the wx patch manager.

ok, I'll try this too.

> After that, we upgrade our snapshot to wx cvs HEAD, apply our patches
> and continue hoping that there might be some time in the distant
> future where we can use plain vanilla wx....

"hope"... that's a nice title for a song, I'm going to write some lyrics :)

Thank you for your explanations, I'll tell you if I get something working.

Regards,
Raphaël