Re: SSL connections and Query tool

From: "Fernando J(dot) Leal" <fjleal(at)ingeniumatica(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL connections and Query tool
Date: 2003-11-27 00:37:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org wrote:
>

>> I've pestered you for a while now about the Query Tool crashing on
>> SSL connections from RedHat9, Mandrake, and Fedora Core rpms.  Well I
>> just thought I would pass along today's success.  I just downloaded
>> the snapshot rpm for Fedora Core 1 and everything works great.  The
>> Query Tool does not crash using an SSL connection on FC1 !!  I also
>> downloaded the latest RedHat9 snapshot and it still crashes when
>> using the Query Tool.  Since my RH9 box has a hard drive clicking
>> about every 30 minutes it's about time for me to upgrade anyway.
>> Thanks for getting that FC 1 snapshot to work on SSL connections.
>>
> That's great!
>
> Can somebody please find out what's the difference between today's FC1
> snapshot and previous crashing ones? Hopefully, we can nail this
> problem down to some compile/linker option. We didn't have any code
> change in this section for quite a while.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

I've installed and tested the pgAdmin CVS snapshot
pgadmin3-1.1.0-cvs20031124-fc1.i686.rpm, and I found out it still
crashes on the visual query builder. After selecting a few tables,
pgAdmin exits with no explanation at all - it simply disappears. (I'm
running it on Fedora Core 1.)
Can anyone else please confirm it?...

Fernando J. Leal
fjleal(at)ingeniumatica(dot)com <mailto:fjleal(at)ingeniumatica(dot)com>
http://www.ingeniumatica.com