Re: Problem with dblink

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Andrea Grassi <andreagrassi(at)sogeasoft(dot)com>, Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr,shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in
Subject: Re: Problem with dblink
Date: 2003-11-21 19:32:36
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Looks right to me; but as a general tip, if you've made mistake X in
> place A, you might have made it in place B too.  Have you checked the
> rest of dblink for forgotten SPI_finish calls?

Good tip -- will do. Though, I suspect the dblink_build_sql_* functions
have been much more lightly used than the rest of dblink, and that's the
only reason this bug has lurked for so long.

> (More generally, I wonder if AtEOXact_SPI oughtn't be fixed to emit
> a WARNING if the SPI stack isn't empty, except in the error case.
> Neglecting SPI_finish is analogous to a resource leak, and we have
> code in place to warn about other sorts of leaks.)

I'll take a look at this too.

> Sure.  I believe we still intend a 7.3.5 shortly (maybe early December,
> since Thanksgiving week is a bad time to expect anything to happen).

OK -- then I'll plan to apply the final fix to REL7_3_STABLE as well.

Thanks,

Joe