Re: Call from Info World

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call from Info World
Date: 2003-11-20 20:59:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>Interestingly, in trying to think of a visible open source project that
>isn't controlled by a company, I couldn't think of one.  Mozilla, PHP,
>Apache, MySQL, even perhaps Linux have one very visible company that has
>significant control over the project, while we do not.  Is there a good
>example someone can think of?
Well, as much as I hate to admit it... Red Hat would be the closest that I
can think of. They employ Tom and are probably the most visible of Open
Source companies there is (at least in the states).

Although they don't in anyway control the direction, Tom is fairly
influential ;).

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com -
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org -