Re: strange "not deferrable" behaviour

From: Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Lista dyskusyjna pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange "not deferrable" behaviour
Date: 2003-11-17 15:35:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dnia 2003-11-17 16:16, Użytkownik Stephan Szabo napisał:
> Hmm, I'd suggest turning on query logging to make sure pgAdmin is doing
> what you expect.

Well, I've already done this. I didn't check query log, but a result by
selecting rows from modified table.

Anyway I opened a pgAdmin log and didn't find anything special.

I also found something interesting in pgAdmin work. When constraint is
defined as "NOT DEFERRABLE", I get "OK" only when I execute whole query
at once. PgAdmin probably executes this query using only one statement -
it separates each sql command using semicolon delimiter.

If I try to split my query and execute each command separately - I get
the same "integrity violation" error as in psql.

I tried also change constraint into "DEFERRABLE". Behaviours of psql and
PgAdmin are the same - query executes fine, doesn't matter whether it is
executed as single or several statements.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta