Re: Failure in "make check" with 7.4RC2

From: Wolfgang Drotschmann <drotschm(at)fgan(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failure in "make check" with 7.4RC2
Date: 2003-11-15 15:05:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hallo Tom!

Sorry for being late on this...

Short version: Problem solved, reason remains a mystery.

> Hmm. get_progname() should be getting linked into the createdb
> executable by way of libpgport.a from the src/port/ directory.
> Can you look at the build process in src/port/ and src/bin/scripts/
> and try to see what went wrong? The only idea that comes to mind
> is that a wrong (old) copy of libpgport got picked up somehow, but
> seeing that we don't install it, it's not clear how there could be
> an old copy anywhere.

Long version:

Before I wrote the first mail, I checked two times whether I could reproduce
this behaviour. First, I made a "make distclean" before compiling and
checking again. Then, I even removed the whole thing and started from zero.
Both times I got this error message.
In an effort to answer your question above, I started again from scratch on
the same machine... And you guess it - the checks went through.
I don't know what happend that day.

I'm sorry if I raised some dust!

Best regards,
Wolfgang