Re: WIKI for techdocs/guides WAS Re: Comparing databases

From: Robby Russell <rrussell(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIKI for techdocs/guides WAS Re: Comparing databases
Date: 2003-11-14 19:08:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robby Russell wrote:
>
>>Josh Berkus wrote:
>>
>>>Guys,
>>>
>>>Hey, you wanna create a wiki page at techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/   ?
>>>
>>>This would allow you to collaborate better ....
>>>

>>Any more discussion on this?
>>
>>WIKI is great for this sort of stuff.
>

> Can someone explain what WIKI is?  I assumed it was just a web page
> where you could append comments.

Wiki is basically a system that allows people to (usually login) and
edit content of a webpage and dynamically create pages using WIKI
specific syntax. Also allows for going back revisions (like cvs
somewhat) and is fairly easy to learn how to use.

WhatIsWiki : http://wiki.org/wiki.cgi?WhatIsWiki

Largest wiki that I know of: http://en.wikipedia.org/

This would allow multiple people to manage content of pages without
needing to get server access to update html pages. (and is easy to
deploy and 'theme')

-Robby

--
Robby Russell,  |  Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc.   |  http://www.commandprompt.com