Re: Email signature

From: Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email signature
Date: 2003-11-12 22:26:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> I reccomend against this.   I do not find HTML e-mail to be "more
> professional", and spam filters tend to block HTML-only mail.

I understend your concerns, but looking through my inbox I can see that
everyone, except a small number of fellow programmers, is using html format
for sending messges. It seems to be the standard here and plaintext
messages are pretty much out of the question for business communication.
I'm not kidding - sometimes I even get asked why I keep replying in
plaintext! :)

But otherwise it really depends on the recipient. Average computer users -
and most journalists, even those writing for computer magazines, fall into
this category - tend to prefer html emails; which is why I'll be using this
format. It's understandable, though, that your audience might have
different preferences.

-Aleksander