Re: Comparing databases

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Ned Lilly <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>,PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comparing databases
Date: 2003-11-12 05:12:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>still, might be best to avoid that whole end of it if we can... the only
>database i think it stacks up against is mysql, maybe firebird, and spadb.
>your just not going to convince anyone they should go with postgresql due to
>mutliple support options and the oft chance that oracle/ibm/m$ might go
>under...

No but you might convince them stating that there is reliable company
level support for PostgreSQL.
I guess my point is, if you word it correctly it sounds (and is)
representative of a solid support
infrastructure which is a common misconception about Open Source... that
there isn't one.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com