Re: Comparing databases

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Ned Lilly <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comparing databases
Date: 2003-11-12 04:03:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>Ugh.  I know I might be a little more sensitive than most on this point, but it kind of begs the question why did the supporting companies fail.  Why volunteer that?

With due respect, at least two companies (pgSQL, Inc. and Command
Prompt, Inc.) have a long standing stability within the open source
community. Actually now that I think about it, we are older than pgSQL,
Inc. ;). Anyway I think it would be more worth stating that
their is long standing, stable companies available to support PostgreSQL
versus the fact that PostgreSQL has survived bad VC investment (no offense).

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com -
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org -