Re: Committing Resources to Win32

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: jjones(at)aantix(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Committing Resources to Win32
Date: 2003-11-11 02:18:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Using completion ports assumes your app is threaded in the first
instance, doesn't it?

Unless I am mistaken, at the moment
. we don't have a server app at all
. our code base does not currently support threading, and we want to
keep to a single code base
- corollary: we don't know if supporting POSIX threads and Windows
threads in a single code base is possible or sensible
. we don't know of any OpenSource tools that support compiling threaded
apps with TLS on Windows (specifically, MinGW does not, apparently)

So I suspect we are a very long way from being able to use Completion Ports.

cheers

andrew