Re: Shared memory corrupted?

From: Jeff Boes <jboes(at)nexcerpt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shared memory corrupted?
Date: 2003-10-30 18:04:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane wrote:

>[ thinks... ] Another possibility is that you are running some
>non-Postgres code that resets SIGALRM handling to default. I have
>heard rumors that Perl will do that in some cases, for example.
>Are you using plperl?

Yes, we are. I know there are some places in the code where SIGALRM is
used, so I'll start looking there. But if you or anyone else thinks of
anything, let me know ...

[How would a plperl function that changes the local behavior of SIGALRM
affect the backend?]

--
Jeff Boes vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer fax 269.349.9076