Re: logging messages this time

From: "Eric S(dot) Johansson" <esj(at)harvee(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logging messages this time
Date: 2003-10-29 20:06:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom Lane wrote:

> "Eric S. Johansson" <esj(at)harvee(dot)org> writes:
>
>>This is a weird one. I'm probably missing something really basic that I
>>don't even know enough to describe or look for in the manual.
>

> Hmm ... thinking about "really basic" ... are you removing the comment
> character '#' from in front of the entries you want to change?
>
> regards, tom lane

certainly did. And I changed syslog to 2 so I would redirect all
logging output to syslog. this has me wondering. Somebody else pointed
me at a postmaster.conf file which I don't believe I have. Could this
be some artifact of the Red Hat 9 version (postgresql-7.3.2-3)?

--- configuration file changes ---

#
# Message display
#
server_min_messages = info # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
# debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
# info, notice, warning, error, log,
fatal,
# panic
client_min_messages = notice # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
# debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
# log, info, notice, warning, error
silent_mode = false

log_connections = true
log_pid = false
log_statement = true
log_duration = false
#log_timestamp = false

#log_min_error_statement = error # Values in order of increasing severity:
# debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2,
debug1,
# info, notice, warning, error,
panic(off)

#debug_print_parse = false
#debug_print_rewritten = false
#debug_print_plan = false
#debug_pretty_print = false

#explain_pretty_print = true

# requires USE_ASSERT_CHECKING
#debug_assertions = true

#
# Syslog
#
syslog = 2 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

--
Speech recognition in use. Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears