PostgreSQL Certification

From: Diogo Biazus <diogo(at)ikono(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Certification
Date: 2003-10-24 18:16:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi, I would like to know what the people on the list think about the
creation of a PostgreSQL Official Certification Standard.
Is there anything like this being developed?
I remenber that this was one of the itens in an advocacy TODO list that
Justin sent once to the list.
IMHO It would bring several benefits like:

- Creating a standard in PostgreSQL training all over the world.
- Creating a certification on which people and companies could truly
rely on.
- Preventing people who never contributed to the project in any way to
make money with certification and bring money to people who would
dedicate some time to the comunity.
- It would make the community a little bit stronger, I guess.

I know that's easy to say, but not to do. I'm really willing to help any
effort in this direction.

My Regards,

--
Diogo Biazus