Re: XRC Editting

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: XRC Editting
Date: 2003-10-15 19:49:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Mercredi 15 Octobre 2003 16:04, Dave Page a écrit :
>

>>We definately need something as there are at least 2 systems on which it
>>doesn't work well.
>>

>Three systems. See my screenshot under Debian here:
>http://snake.pgadmin.org/jean-michel/shot.png
>
>I contacted Raphaël who does not have the same problem.

This bad appearance wouldn't be fixed by the possibility to select the font.
The dialog units are not correctly translated to pixels, which must be a
problem with the reported font metrics. This would mean that
a) the system reports wrong values (e.g. under msw, when selecting
Tahoma.12; 11 and 13 will be ok) or
b) there's still a wrong calculation in wx

In this case, obviously the reported height is completely wrong. Could
you have a debugger look at gtk/window.cpp line 3327 ff, where the
height is retrieved from Pango?

Regards,
Andreas