Re: MySQL interview, no mention of PostgreSQL

From: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL interview, no mention of PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-10-15 10:22:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Jeff Davis wrote:
> It would be nice if we had some mindshare among the LAMP crowd. Does
> anyone think we can convince O'Reilly to change LAMP to squeeze in
> PostgreSQL?
>
> Linux-Apache-MySQL-PostgreSQL-PHP-Python-Perl?

Jeff, there is already a project similar to LAMP. It's named FreeGee and
is a bundle of: Python, PostgreSQL, wxWindows, Apache, omniORB, et al.

Platform is available as Beta release, but still start-up. Finals should
include 7.4 and newer versions of other integrated software. Preview
project site in English at:

http://www.go-gen.com/FG_EN/index_html.html

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to tell.

@all: you may want to proof-read especially the information about
PostgreSQL (7.3) at the site, please see 'Benefits' and 'Modules/Database'

> I bet the win32 port will help advocacy a lot. The other thing that
> would help I think would be to make it as friendly as possible for ISPs

Yes, win32 port would help a lot. We develop a SDK to generate
FreeGee-based business software (Model Driven Architecture), but it
can't be used on Windows, so there is no local instant testing of
generated services possible.

Greetings,
Anastasios

--