Re: bug reporting

From: Alexandr S <sasha(at)in(dot)crimea(dot)ua>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug reporting
Date: 2003-10-14 05:40:50
Lists: pgadmin-supportpgsql-bugs
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Then  I have to open pgadmin again. Fortunately data didn t lose. Then
> I open Query Tool and type:    "SELECT * from mytable;"   . Result of
> the query is right. Then I try to export data but I cann t do that
> because pgadmin suddenly shut down without saving any data.
>
>> text_s is attached to this letter.
>

> What format is this? I can't display it with any tool correctly.
> Please use Notepad and Save-As some Unicode format.

Hi
----It can be usually opened with Opera or Mozilla Firebird having set
before Character Coding to windows-1251. May be fonts don t support
russian language. Any way with text_s_unicode    in unicode there is the
same problem: I can t export such data from Query Window ( Pgadmin 3.1)
to file.

>>> Don't know how you'd like it. Some kind of autowrap? You could split
>>> lines:
>>>
>>> INSERT INTO mytable(foo, bar) VALUES (1, 'this is my line ||
>>> ' and this too'
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Andreas
>>>
>> ---Yes, some kind of autowrap. Of course I can mannually  split line
>> , but users here usually do such way: ctrl-c from MS Word and ctrl-v
>> into pgadmin, so data often align along one long line.
>

> ?????? Inserting data from Word ?????
> pgAdmin3 is no text editing tool, and we won't try to interpret the
> data. I don't know how you're trying to use pgAdmin3, but it may be
> out of the scope of this tool (notice the name, it's about
> ADMINistration, not for extensively editing data).

----Why not? Let it be. What another tool should I use to insert data to
postgresql? Pgadmin already can be excellently used for such operations.
Not editing , but just coping from notepad to Pgadmin.   Else I have to
create my own program using PHP , etc ...