Re: bug reporting

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Alexandr S <sasha(at)in(dot)crimea(dot)ua>
Cc: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug reporting
Date: 2003-10-13 10:13:32
Lists: pgadmin-supportpgsql-bugs
Hi Alexandr,

please do not post only to persons, but at least cc the list to avoid
messages being lost.

> Hi
> -----In console:
> CREATE DATABASE mydb WITH ENCODING = 'KOI8';
> CREATE TABLE mytable ( моя_колонка varchar ) WITH OIDS;
> Then I open pgadmin, open View Data and insert into mytable  text_s
> (text_s is attached to this letter) - pgadmin suddenly shut down with
> error: "An error has occured: Column not found in pgSet : моя_колонка".

This was fixed some time ago in cvs.

> Then  I have to open pgadmin again. Fortunately data didn t lose. Then
> I open Query Tool and type:    "SELECT * from mytable;"   . Result of
> the query is right. Then I try to export data but I cann t do that
> because pgadmin suddenly shut down without saving any data.
> text_s is attached to this letter.

What format is this? I can't display it with any tool correctly. Please
use Notepad and Save-As some Unicode format.

> ----When  will approximately new version with "execute to file"
> appear? (in a month , in a year ...)

It's already in cvs, binary coming soon.

>>> --when inserting large block of text , data often aligns along one
>>> long line, so its hard to view such data. It would be better if data
>>> take the form of sell like , for example, Pgaccess does.
>>

>> Don't know how you'd like it. Some kind of autowrap? You could split
>> lines:
>>
>> INSERT INTO mytable(foo, bar) VALUES (1, 'this is my line ||
>> ' and this too'
>>

>> Regards,
>> Andreas
>>
> ---Yes, some kind of autowrap. Of course I can mannually  split line ,
> but users here usually do such way: ctrl-c from MS Word and ctrl-v
> into pgadmin, so data often align along one long line.

?????? Inserting data from Word ?????
pgAdmin3 is no text editing tool, and we won't try to interpret the
data. I don't know how you're trying to use pgAdmin3, but it may be out
of the scope of this tool (notice the name, it's about ADMINistration,
not for extensively editing data).

Regards,
Andreas