From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: nickf(at)ontko(dot)com, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] OFFTOPIC: PostgreSQL vs MySQL
Date: 2003-10-09 19:30:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-performance

  One of the other problems with techdocs is that it is way to top level
heavy. There is a ton of information that is on the front page that
really shouldn't be. IMHO:

There shouldn't be a separate box for JDBC... There should be one that
is a link to an intefaces page. The interfaces page should have
subsequent information about JDBC/Perl/Python/etc...

As much as I personally appreciate the Online Books box, it should be
one link that say Documentation. That link should open
a page that has resources for the books, and other online docs as well
as a link to an articles page.

Joshua Drake

Robert Treat wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 14:14, Nick Fankhauser wrote:
>>>Have you checked these pages?  They've been posted on this list numerous
>>Josh- It would be great to have a link to those last two excellent resources
>>from the techdocs area- perhaps from the "optimizing" section in
>> Who should we suggest this
>>to? (I submitted these using the form in that area, but you may have better
>Unfortunately techdocs is becoming more and more a bastard child since
>no one can seem to agree on and actually implement a solution to it's
>current woes. I've (quietly) complained about new articles getting
>written by the community and posted to sites other than techdocs since I
>think it makes it harder for folks to find useful information...
>Robert Treat

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com -
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org -