People in New York?

From: Justin Clift <jclift(at)digitaldistribution(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: People in New York?
Date: 2003-10-09 00:23:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hiyas,

This just came across the OpenOffice.org marketing mailing list. It
mentions an Open Source software mini-conference organised by the City
of New York and at which databases are a main feature.

It sounds like PostgreSQL wasn't known about by the organisers, as they
demonstrated MySQL and .... MS Access as that's what's available for many.

If someone in New York city wants to start the ball rolling by taking
some time and effort to contact the relevant people in the council there
and assist them in adopting PostgreSQL as their primary database for
recommendations for the future, then I think you'd find a lot of good
ideas and assistance from the people on this list. Command Prompt comes
to mind for one.

Thoughts anyone?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,