Re: 7.4 Features

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4 Features
Date: 2003-10-08 03:07:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

 I was thinking about:

 IPv6
 Subselects that use indexes (hash joins)
 libpq thread safety
 regular expression enhancements
 Indexes no longer growing.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> Which features do we want to advertise as being the most "cool" in
>> 7.4 for an
>> O'Reilly article?
>

> Don't know really - lots and lots of speed improvements, but they're
> not really that "cool".  Talk about the release of eRserver perhaps.
> Could talk about 'data warehousing'.
>
> Chris

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org so that your

Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC
Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com
PostgreSQL.Org - Editor-N-Chief - http://www.postgresql.org