Re: initdb

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: initdb
Date: 2003-10-03 18:57:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I posted this on hackers on 15 sept (see )

After installing the following into my msys/mingw set:
and <> (Not sure if
this was needed, but I did it anyway) and then running
"configure --without-zlib --without-readline", I  was able to "make" the
branch right through to the stage where it fails to link because of missing
fork/signmask/etc. Bison ran just fine, apparently.

If you do this make sure you install everything in default locations - the
bison binary has a hardcoded location for m4 (yuck).

The platform is WindowsXP-HE