Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,"scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3
Date: 2003-10-02 17:47:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

  Possible scenario for maintaining 7.3:

  Only one or two committers  using a two stage cvs... one stage for
testing (not including sandbox), one stage for commit.
  Scheduled releases based on non-critical fixes. Quarterly? Of course
critical fixes should be released as soon as plausible.

  Separate mailing list for 7.3 issues, concerns etc... Which would help
develop it's own temporary community.

Thoughts?

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com