Re: 'Official' Interfaces

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'Official' Interfaces
Date: 2003-09-25 10:19:00
Lists: pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> It's been brought to my attention that there is no mechanism in place to
> allow people to recognise the best or 'official' PostgreSQL interfaces,
> and I don't just mean those in the core distribution, but those that we
> consider the best of their type such a psqlODBC, libpqxx, Npgsql and so
> on.
>
> Obviously we can list them on a webpage, but what criteria could we use
> to select them?

We should probably start with the commonly used interfaces and have a
note on the page asking people to advise us of the others.  Then we
should email the link to the pgsql-general mailing list and people there
will suggest most of the things we've otherwise missed.

Hope that helps.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift