Re: pgAdmin III Bugs/Feature Requests

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Mark A(dot) Taff" <marktaff(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III Bugs/Feature Requests
Date: 2003-09-19 09:48:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Mark A. Taff wrote:

>On Thursday 14 August 2003 01:28, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>All,
> I have finally been able to compile wxGTK w/o errors (I had to install some
>more devel rpm's and become intimate with pkg-config). I also compiled
>pgAdmin3 from cvs source just now. Per Andreas' suggestion, I am indeed
>linking against wxGTK 2.5. However, I am still having the same display
>issues, to wit:
>
>Label fonts are too large, being cut off by other controls
>Some controls likewise are cut off by the window edges

There's obviously a bad default font configured on your system. We had a
thread about how to fix this, unfortunately we didn't put this into the
FAQ immediately.

>I also noticed a problem with CSS that may be relevent. Konquerer applies CSS
>properly, displaying the documentation in traditionall Postgres blue, etc.
>However the builtin help browser does not seem to apply the CSS. IMHO this is
>the cause for the gigantic fonts in the help browser.
>
>Could a CSS/XML issue be the root of my problem? Any ideas?

The help browser doesn't support CSS, but that's not the reason for the
bad display. We implicitely use the system's font.

Regards,
Andreas