Synchronising databases replication

From: Noel <noel(dot)faux(at)med(dot)monash(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Synchronising databases replication
Date: 2003-09-17 03:07:41
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I'm currently using postgreSQL 7.3.1 and wish to have two identical
databases at two different locations and have them synchronized. They
need to be synchronized on the fly (not asynchronously). I've been
looking at pgrelicator and Postgres-R and I'm unsure if they perform the
replication on the fly, will work with 7.3.1 and how they work with the
sequence table in postgreSQL (which we use to create out primary keys from)?

I have previously post a question about database replication
synchronizing, which describes the setup of the system (Synchronising
two (identical) databases).

If anyone has any suggestions as to which way to go, answers to the
above questions or experiences with the above systems with 7.3.1, it
would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

--
Noel Faux
Monash University

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: wirelessDate: 2003-09-17 13:07:05