Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Bob Kimble <bob(at)iplicity(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad
Date: 2003-09-15 22:12:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Bob Kimble wrote:

>It appears that I'm running version 2.2.4 of gtk (that's the version of the
>libgtk2.0-0 package I have installed). I'm running Debian unstable on that
>machine in order to play with the most current software. I don't really know
>how to install a newer version. I use apt-get, dselect, and dpkg to install
>everything.

2.2.4 is already the newest. I'm using 2.2.1.

>BTW -- I can run pgadmin3 just fine on my other machines, so this is not a
>critical issue for me.

Still, it's a bit unsatisfying. It should run on *all* machines, at
least if they're Linux with recent gtk2.
Try to put the line
LanguageId=0
in the file ~/.pgadmin3, this will prevent pgAdmin3 from asking for the
language. You may still change it later from the options dialog.
Actually, I doubt that this will help a lot, but rather crash as soon
you open another dialog, but let's give it a try.

>I use PostgreSQL for my database back end,

Good taste!

> and pgadmin3 is just brilliant -- it's a truly excellent piece of software.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Andreas