OSCON, postgres live CD

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OSCON, postgres live CD
Date: 2003-09-11 00:39:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Okay I want some opinions. I've just about finished a new version of the
postgres live CD for OSCON. However there's a couple of things I've
noticed.

I created one CD with full documentation that has just the base postgres
server with plperl and pgsql the CD comes to about around 100mb.

On the otherhand, there's another version that I prefer myself which has
almost every procedural language including tcl, perl, ruby, R, python,
pgsql and an odbc interface but it comes around 340mb. Now on a CD this
doesn't make too much of a difference however it might be a decision
breaker when it comes to deciding what should be available for download
for the masses.

Please post your thoughts and comments.

Robert

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Jan WieckDate: 2003-09-11 04:41:57