Re: Arrays and Indices / Foreign Keys

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Alex <alex(at)meerkatsoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Arrays and Indices / Foreign Keys
Date: 2003-08-29 03:40:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Alex wrote:
> Joe, that is good news.
> When will be 7.4 availbable?

Beta2 is just starting. There isn't a firm date for the 7.4 release that
I'm aware of, but start looking for it in mid-September.

> Also,
> what i actually wanted is to ckeck that if lets say ARRAY[1,2,3]
> is inserted but 1,2 or 3 (the the entire array) is not present in the
> reference table.
> Will that be available too ?

I was afraid that's what you were after. I think the answer is no, at
least not with standard RI constraints. You might be able to do
something with a custom trigger though.

Joe