Re: postgresql and replication

From: Chris Miles <chris_pg002(at)psychofx(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql and replication
Date: 2003-08-27 09:51:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Indeed, a free release of eRServer was released last night and is
available at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/erserver/download/download.php
There was an announcement sent to pgsql-announce also.

We will now be evaluating this to see if it is suitable for our
needs.

I spoke to PostgreSQL Inc last night and was informed that they will
be releasing their previous versions of eRServer to the open source
community 6-12 months after it has been replaced by the next
commercial version. The commercial version is still sold, supported
and developed, and is currently at version 1.3. The open source
version just released is a modified version of 1.2 basically.

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Chris Miles