Changing the sequence owner

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing the sequence owner
Date: 2003-08-26 18:21:00
Lists: pgsql-docs

Should we make some reference to ALTER TABLE on the the sequence
page? A sequence owner is changed via:

alter table forums_auth_id_seq owner to phorum;

That's not intuitive unless you know the innards. We need to point
the users there.

There are references to sequences within the ALTER TABLE
documentation ("This form changes the owner of the table, index,
sequence or view to the specified user.") but you have to know about
it in the first place.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/