Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?
Date: 2003-08-19 10:08:38
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On 19 Aug 2003 at 10:18, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Now that we are in beta, does someone want to tackle a "security"
> > section in the docs?
>
> IMO, security shouldn't be a section, it should be a recurring theme
> throughout all documentation material.

Do you think the existing docs are inadequete in this regard? If so,
in what areas are they insufficient? What changes do you recommend?

FWIW, having a theme is a great idea. Please let us know of any
changes you see necessary. But I, and others much wiser than I am,
think a section where the admin can read up on the important stuff is
essential.

If you were new to PostgreSQL, would you rather string together
information from all over the documentation or would you rather have
a concise overview of Things You Need To Know(tm)?

As always, patches are requested.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/