Re: C interface requirements under Linux

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: stimits(at)comcast(dot)net
Cc: postgresql <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: C interface requirements under Linux
Date: 2003-08-12 01:05:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
D. Stimits wrote:
> This is partially a test message, I just subscribed to this newsgroup,
> and my Internet connection is ready to die on me.

Got it OK ;-)

> First, is this the correct list to ask questions about the C interface
> for PostgreSQL 7.2.3 on Redhat 7.3 Linux? I'm trying to build an
> extension function into the sever, I'll ask more if this is the right list.

Do you mean a user defined C function, to be called from a SQL
statement? In that case probably the GENERAL list, or even HACKERS is
more appropriate.

BTW, if you're just starting a project, you ought to consider moving to
the latest release (7.3.4), or even trying out the 7.4beta. But at the
very least, upgrade to 7.2.4.

Joe